Friday, November 19, 2010

Nov 19th, 2010 10am

I fell off the training wagon in a big way in the heat of the summer and it has taken me far to long to get going again. Forced myself out this morning on a beautiful fall day - clear blue skies and temperatures just above freezing - and Rivet was very grateful. She whined when I was making notes after laying the track and was fairly frantic about looking for the start of each track.

Videos and map below.































DistanceR+SprayNotesSuccess
135 ft36-72"(paved) 12-24"(gravel)2"Visible spray on pavement, transition to gravel parking lot, then L turn. Very eager. Got lost at corner but kept working.80%
70 ft12-36""Two straight legs with R turn. She struggled with the start (I think I confused her while juggling the camera) and then continued to struggle on the track but kept working.70%
65 ft""Straight. I wanted to make it easier for her. She was much slower and more methodical on this track and didn't miss any treats. A vehicle came into the parking lot while we were running it, parked right by the end of the track, and a person and smaller dog got out. Didn't bother her at all.90%


Track one:
Runs along an asphault path and then onto the gravel parking lot. The turn is at about 0:42. She turns very decisively and then immediately starts to search. This is important because I've noticed the same thing previously (but only when watching the videos - see the last entry at about 0:44). The visual of her body movement at the turn is much different from when she is drifting to one side or the other of the track. Assuming that I'm right and this is significant I need to learn to see this when it is happening rather than only when reviewing the video.


Track two:
Messed up with the camera and only caught the last bit of the track.


Track three:
Straight. You can hear the car pull in, horn, and the other dog's tags jingling but she doesn't even look up. Good girl Riv!



No comments:

Post a Comment