Thursday, April 8, 2010

April 8th, 8:45pm


























DistanceR+SprayNotesSuccess
60 paces12-36"2"Track meandered over wet cracks, dry areas, and through one puddle. Riv followed cracks instead of track several times but improved as moved along track. Missed quite a few treats.75%
"unknown"Reran track without relaying treats. Went off track several times - much like last attempt - but seemed to figure it out as we moved along. Lots of audible nose action. I think she found all of the treats she missed the first time.N/A


This was a bad trainer good dog outing. I probably should have walked away after the first track but I was feeling badly about all the treats left on the ground and not wanting to go back and try to pick them up myself as my hands were cold. In the end it worked fine - I don't think I would mark her any lower than 75% on the second attempt either. And - extra bonus - I think it may have helped emphasize to her that her nose is the key to figuring it all out.

No comments:

Post a Comment