| Distance | R+ | Spray | Notes | Success |
| 10 steps | 6-8" | 2" | Missed 11 plus left track 1x | 70% |
| " | " | " | Missed 20 plus left two from the ending pile which she left to continue following where I had walked away after laying the track. | 50% |
| " | " | " | Laid 29 treats not counting the starting and ending piles. She missed 8 plus 3 from the ending pile. Left track once - thoroughly investigated area on right of track, then crossed over and checked out the area on the left of it, then started to work back along track towards me before reversing direction and continuing down track correctly. All this happened immediately in front of me and on a short leash. | 70% |
| " | " | " | Laid 35 treats plus piles. Missed 14 but looked GOOD. | 80% |
| " | " | " | Moved to area of packed dirt and fine gravel. Beautiful! | 95% |
I am fairly certain that she may deserve higher scoring on these tracks. I think she doesn't like picking the hotdog bits out of the gravel and so chooses to leave some of them. Next time I have to work in this area I am going to try cutting the pieces much bigger (1/4" slices of whole hotdog) and increasing the treat spacing. I suspect she'll be quite happy with that arrangement.
EDIT: I tried to video the second track, the one where I scored her at 50%, and after watching it I realize I'm right. My dog deserves better than me. There's no way I should have scored that below 80% even with her missing all the treats. I was preoccupied with the missed treat count and didn't pay attention to how well she did otherwise.
No comments:
Post a Comment