Today we worked with six items that I scattered around the room (repeated 4x). I would reward each one 3-6 times and then pick it up and she would have to move on to the next. Started to introduce the cue "Where is it?" when she was moving on to the next.
Cardboard (4"x5" piece) - She struggled with this the first few times but then seemed to realize it was relevant. I thought we had used it before but it is possible I am wrong and this was the first time she's seen it.
Plastic lids (2) and a DVD - No problems. Interestingly she nailed the small clear plastic lid every time, even though more than once I didn't see it lying there.
Leather scrap - No problems.
Metal spoon - No problems. The last time I half hid it under some cardboard that someone else put on the floor and she didn't even hesitate.
She did try to indicate on a dog toy that was lying on the floor several times but seemed to figure out that it didn't pay off. I suppose that I should make sure there are other non-relevant items scattered on the floor next time we do this.
Saturday, April 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment