Video of all three tracks is below the notes.
| Distance | R+ | Spray | Notes | Success |
| ~200ft | 36-72" | 4" | Mostly visible spray. This track more or less exactly repeats the last one we ran (on May 20). She reacted at an oily patch (much less visible than last time) and investigated two used tea bags on the ground. | 95%? 100%? |
| " | " | 6" | Spray dried. Track laid almost into the wind (by mistake - I think the wind shifted). A train went by as I was laying the track but was gone by the time I took her out of the van. She missed one treat. | 90% |
| " | " | " | U-shape over brick sidewalk, around lightpost, and back over sidewalk again. Another train was going by as I took her out of the van but was gone by the time we started the track. She got lost at the curb for the first sidewalk but eventually found it again herself and did well from then on. | 70% |
Track one:
Track goes straight, turns left, and then serpentines down the aisle between parking stalls.
Track two:
Track serpentines down the aisle. I like how she checked out the drain but kept going.
Track three:
Track goes straight up the middle of a parking stall, over the sidewalk, and straight up the middle of the stall on the other side. Then it curves slightly to the right, goes out and around a lightpost, goes straight until just before the sidewalk again, slight curve, and then straight over and down the centre of another parking stall. And Donna, if you read this, watch how she behaves on the painted lines.
Awesome awesome! I got goosebumps watching the third one. She did that thing where she stood with her head up and seemed to think and process, then made a decision and went over the raised area. This is very inspiring, I love these videos! Thanks so much. I am now inspired to get out with Ted. I am learning from your work.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Donna! That third one is my favorite too. Makes me feel like we're really getting somewhere.
ReplyDeleteI didn't make the connection when she raised her head. Interesting! I'll have to watch out for that in the future.