Thursday, May 6, 2010

May 6th, 9:30am

Sunny and very windy this morning. The wind dried the spray totally by the time we got to the track.


















DistanceR+SprayNotesSuccess
60 steps12-36 with most at 18-24"2"Mostly away from wind with a couple of jogs to one side or the other. Crossed over a concrete divider near end of track. She quartered a bit whenever the wind was at an angle. Never more than 4' off track. Got distracted once but restarted herself promptly.95%


This was HARD. The wind was strong enough to make her ears flap when we were facing into it. She's not used to the spray being totally dry but it didn't seem to bother her. She did spend a fair bit of time slightly off track but as she kept working and kept refinding it herself I'm not holding that against her.

I only ran the one track because I didn't have enough treats for a second one but I'm just as glad given the conditions. This was tough and it is good to quit while she is successful.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! You found your sprayer! LOL. Nice observations on the wind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I had to buy a new one. It's okay - I think I like it better than the old one anyway!

    ReplyDelete