Wednesday, May 12, 2010

May 12th, 10:30am

Cold and windy. The last thing I felt like doing was going out in this weather but I needed to take advantage of the wet ground.


















DistanceR+SprayNotesSuccess
40 treats36-60" (actually longer)2"Laid and sprayed at same time. Wet pavement and strong crosswind. AWESOME! She struggled but kept working - spent a lot of her time down wind.85%


This is only the second time she's seen a track that isn't double laid. It is awkward for me but I need to start working this way as the tracks are getting longer and the spray less visible. For some reason the treat spacing ended up greater than usual doing it this way.



I had forgotten my camera but remembered that my phone takes video. You can see that she spends a lot of time searching down wind.

Again the map is not acurate regarding the serpentine. I just meandered down the aisle between the parking stalls.

3 comments:

  1. She does great, and by the two opening lines of this post, I can tell a tracking addiction has taken hold, lol! I am going to do this with Ted this year and am learning so much from you and Rivet, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny! We're just at a point where I'm actively trying to wean her off the visual so this was an opportunity I couldn't pass up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One thing I know SchH people do is put all of the treats on the upwind side to keep a dog to that side of a track, rather than in every footstep (at the early stages). Just some food (haha) for thought I figured I would toss in. I am considering getting a flip cam.

    ReplyDelete