Monday, December 14, 2009

December 14, 8pm

Wet pavement, but the rain stopped shortly before we went out. It was foggy as well as dark. Laid treats then sprayed.
































DistanceR+SprayNotesSuccess
?50 treats12-18"2"S curves a little sharper than I had planned.85%
"18-24""Got offtrack 2x, noticed it herself, and refound the track75%
"""Offtrack once.90%


On the second she got off track when I was mixed up about where the track was and didn't notice. She noticed herself, about a dog length off track, and found it again quickly. The second time she went off track I let her, to see if she would do it again, and she did.

The off track on the third was more significant but as she kept looking until she found it again I'm not going to worry much. I was a bit lost again myself or I wouldn't have let her get so far away from the track.

I didn't realize until later that I upped two criteria on the second track. I was using the number of treats rather than steps to measure distance, as I was laying them first (and taking odd little steps), but when I increased treat spacing that also increased distance. Oops!

No comments:

Post a Comment